Friday, February 19, 2010

Ode to Friendship, pt Vlll: Misty Renia Schmidt

Misty, today, 21 years ago, smack-dab in the middle of the middle of the mid-west, you were born unto us.  It took you 19 years to make it across the states, to be a part of the west, part of our family, part of my life.  You've taught me so much.  About love, and generosity and drive and fervor for life!  Every minute spent with you, left me with a smile upon my face, and a new excitement for what was ahead.  You became like a sister to me - like the one I'd never had.  You brought joy to our home and to my heart.  I'll be honored and jazzed to romp with you again anyday... 
....and everyday... I will treasure the memories we've shared, but mostly the way you changed my life and taught me a new way to live.  
---Being an adult.  Yet having a child's heart---
May you stay forever young as the graceful and beautiful daughter of our most Holy and Righteous King.
Happy Birthday, love.

No comments: