Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Currently,

Two little Mexicans, wet from showers, are tucked in bed, down the hall behind me.  The little family of birds are covered in their cage, but they continue to chirp, and regurgitate food to each other.

Something about being tired makes one grateful ....I see my pillow at the end of today [and it is so beautiful].  And I see my life very soon thousands of miles out of reach of this little shelter, my close friends, long days of lifegaurding in the sun, bowling and drive-ins and late night bonfires that warm our faces as we watch the waves glow...

I will savor these moments till the bitter end.  Even if it means drinking coffee at 9 at night.

So, here's to not dozing off on the way home tonight!  God's gonna have to hold my hands on that steering wheel.

No comments: