Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fourth of July

Is it weird that the whole while I watched the fireworks, all I could keep thinking was how small they were?  They were big, granted, as they danced right above our tiny pin heads.  But watching them made me realize how big the sky really is, and how big our brains are, too.  I felt like an infant watching Baby Einstien, bright exploding colors, with orchestra music behind them.  So simple. I can get that on my screensaver. In retrospect, they were like a tiny fraction of a blip compared to the beauty and spectacularness of the Creator.  I could never get that on a screensaver.

The thing that really made my jaw drop though, in wonder and overwhelming beauty, was a croud - as far as my eyes could see, a 'sea of faces' [beside a dark sea], all turned in one direction, lit with looks of awe and happiness, in a moment of perfect overshadowing promise.

Next year, I'm just going to watch them the whole time.

No comments: