Friday, July 4, 2014

A lit match is all that's needed.

July 4th, 2014, 5:31pm 
(Pacific Standard Time)

Such a great many things
We've been through,
Such a vast amount ahead
But look at us here,
Look at me, look at you.
I see you there, smiling,
In this very cosmic moment,
because I'm smiling with you.
Two state borders separate us
But I am beside you
With hope in my heart..
And we don't need
Fireworks tonight
Because the tiny changes
God is making in our hearts
Are quite enough.
We don't need to watch
Dynamite burn up in the sky,
But I will put another pinecone
on the fire to stay up with you
We only need embers, to light
up our next step...
And I see mine...
It is to walk, still smiling
Towards you, while loving...
The inspiration is back.
And it came in realizing
and remembering that
The impossible is quite
within our reach!

No comments: