Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ode to Friendship, Pt. VII: Laura Michelle Goto

After 5 years, almost everything in our lives have changed, except for our sweet amity. :-) I'm so glad.  Yesterday, I wasn't sure how things were going to go...  but praise be (!) We're still the same ole goofy friends!  It was like being transported into a slice of our childhood.  I remember one day after an afternoon "playdate" at your house consisting of building mud pies and climbing trees, my mom picked me up and on our drive home asked me how my day went.  I remember sighing and telling her "I just really, really like Laura... She's a really fun friend."  I had that same exact feeling as we were driving home after meeting her half way in Cambria yesterday...  Man.  Something special about that one.  I shall never fear again about loosing touch.  Even if one of us falls off the earth for 29 years...  If we ever chance to find each other again after that...  We'll be able to find our friendship nitch - I'm sure of it.


"The bird a nest,
the spider a web,
man, friendship."
- William Blake -

No comments: