Friday, January 15, 2010

Blushing Bonfire Sky.

 As if unwrapping a present,
Each new day, I awake to life's gift
I unpeel blankets, wrapping me tenderly,
Undo the bows of my curtains, and
and Peek out my windows
to see it's newest installment. 

This particular day, at it's advancing end,
I was able to witness, one of it's greater endowments.
Lately, He's been teaching me... what it means...
to "See".

And He gives me only the best things for practice.

My tennis shoes found themselves traveling rapidly over pavement,
I ran under the archway of sky who's hues looked
like they had been dipped deeply into the heart of a Caribbean rose
I had to stop many times, out of breath - not because of exercise,
but because, the majesty of the light in the tree tops, or streaks in the sky,
or glow of the mountains... simply commanded I stop an admire them.
I turned a corner, and was at the base of a long, narrow lane.

I've never seen such a rainbow, so vividly framed in blushing, bonfire sky!
It burst forth, from the root of the road, extending to the cosmos,
Something otherwordly, urethral, stirring and magical.
Time stood still as I walked under it, through it, in it all,
tears filled my eyes, my jawline as low as my ankle socks.

The sounds from my ipod mysteriously switched
and whispered lovely secrets in my ears.
This time... I wanted to take all of the connecting strings from my present,
 draw their lines around me and crawl back into this magical gift box,
and close myself up in it forever and ever.

But, the crazy thing about gifts is that once opened, they can be shared,
I ripped a piece of wrapping paper from the sky, and tucked it in my bosom.
Here it is, reader.  I want to give it to you.
It's just a crinkle, but it speaks of beautiful promise,
staggering beauty and incredible love.

He made the whole world for us.
And He continues to give it to us.
Everyday.

No comments: