Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Love is the beginning and end of everything.

Currently in school,
my teacher is trying to teach me how to be a teacher. 
[So that I can show people what words mean]
This week I have the project of creating a vocabulary lesson where I must teach non-native English Speakers what
"being in love" means. [This is for reals]

How do we teach something we don't fully know?
I'm sitting in the kitchen trying to do this homework; the radio is on, and "loveline" is playing. But it's not offering me any help.

All I can think is, sometimes, I get this feeling inside when I am standing beside a great expansive lake (or the ocean). It feels like taking a deep breath, and being filled with peace. There is this growing, powerful feeling of grandeur from the depths you know lie beneath the waters. You feel overwhelmed and excited, yet calm and hopeful at the same time. Well, sometimes I get that feeling when I am beside you...


So maybe that's a step in the right direction.
But how do I explain that to TEFL students?
Or should I just give them a standard "loveline" answer?

No comments: