Tuesday, October 14, 2014

What remains.

Beauty remains.
Hope remains.
Joy in this grey day.
Giddy sips of warm coffee.
Cozy resilience, making little efforts.
I can listen to Miss Marie Andrews, and 
know that true beauty will ascend struggle.
A fire burns away, leaving white ash, concealing sculpted glass,
That drips still a bit... 

I don't feel I see God in every moment, but sometimes, there are glimpses, and when they come, I will thank Him. The Truth is never tied up with threads of despair. Unravel my parts, and make sturdy spools of the things that will remain. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this.

ajn said...

I'm not sure who you are (Westmont related?), but I do so appreciate your comment and it made my day. I'd love to chat, so feel free to email me: ariannajuel@gmail.com