Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Rain

(my German friend wrote this back when we were living at the Camp, during the summer of 2006. The group of us would spend breaks and our evening in the staffroom or the lodge writing poems and making music. For a boy who was, at the time, very new to the English language, I think he did an amazing job with this little composition. I've always loved it. You gotta read it with a heavy German accent, to get the full effect, though.)

It was just one second, and my life has changed
In the most cloudy moments when the wind felt strange
I saw you walking through the storm with sunlight in your eyes
Seems like nothing could break you down with your smile so nice
I stood there in the rain, and suddenly you looked at me
Your view, so strong, no rain where you stood, I could see
You asked me something but I didn't understand
I will never know what you said, or what it meant
The wind was too loud and I was too slow - I couldn't move
So you passed by, and I knew I love you, but I cannot prove
And I stood alone again and felt tears rolling down my face
I felt naked and without a home, there was no solid place
And I don't know you but I really want to
And all the things you have gone through
But I saw you and lost you in between one moment
But without you and your smile, I feel no stand

So in the middle of my pain and crying
I stood up from the ground where I was laying
I opened my eyes and started to look for you
But you were not there, so I started a search without a clue
And I'm still on my search for this face I saw
The rain has stopped, and I've started to draw
And I draw your face on every paper that's next to me
Becasue all the days and all the nights, that's what I see
I haven't found you yet, but when I think of you I start to smile
This is a moment of silence, and I can rest for a while
I know now that you are there anywhere in this great wide open
I will find you someday and the words you have spoken
I wouldn't dream to stop until the day I find you again out there
And maybe you'll stay in the rain this day, and I'll have a smile to share
I will ask you something, and you will not understand with all your pain
But I will come to you, pull you out and dry you from all the rain
And I will ask you again by whispering in your ear
Then you will see I was on my journey and there is no more fear
I will take your hand and show you allthe places you have never been before
And I will look into your eyes and say: "I will never let you go, anymore."

No comments: