Monday, May 17, 2010

Bubble Rings Floating up 9 Feet to the Sunny Surface.

I keep seeing you're eyes sitting on top of the water, like a crocodile, spraying water out your mouth onto the steaming surface 
of Los Banos in the morning fog.  
-------------------------

I learned a lot of things this week.
I learned how to strap an unconscious spinal victim to a backboard in the deep end of a pool and take him out without reinjuring him, then provide rescue breathing and CPR until EMS comes onto the scene.  I learned about AED's and EAP's, BVM's and BSI.

In one day, I spent 7 hours in the pool.  I learned to push on.  I learned how to escape from an active drowning victim, and I also learned multiple victim rescue.  I learned how to treat someone going into anafalaxis as well as crepitus.

But I think mostly, overall, this week I learned the importance of breakfast.

No comments: