Monday, May 3, 2010

On Spending Five Days at a Carnival...

"whirlwind"
is really what it was.

splashes of paint,
and smiles,
and tantrums,
and hay,
and sugar,
and tractors,
and clowns,
and bbq smoke,
and alpacas,
and hoola-hoops,
and men in tall hats carrying geese.

...but the part I liked best, was stepping out of the dome - after being under it for 17 hours - venturing out into the rest of the fair, and walking straight into the harsh 6 o'clock sun, feeling myself just a stitch in the cross-hatching of society.
I liked it, because I could really feel humanity's heartbeat.

Moms, dads, daughters, sons;
friends, enemies; strollers and gangsters... we were all there.
with the animals... and the entertainers.

I wonder if God ever looks down and is surprised at what he sees.

No comments: