Thursday, May 27, 2010

Unconventional

...and it's been okay being the girl backstage, I don't mind helping with cues and pulling curtains, I like watching friends perform, waving my pompoms from the sidelines - and when I get bored I listen to NPR, or think of metaphores - and I've discovered a very good sound, and learned that simple things don't always have just one use; windy nights cause the chimes on the front porch to scream, which sound very nice with a little improvised guitar blues, right after a good movie, that leaves the face wet and the heart hopeful; mostly my wheels turn, but I'm realizing they are on a track... a train track -  which is good - because tracks are very beautiful; things are expected, now, but only to me, which is also fine because it means my brain is finally growing up; but I still sleep in an attic and keep my clothes in the downstairs kitchenette, and my socks in the microwave, so not to worry.


Oh and also, yesterday I asked a little boy in overalls wearing two different shoes, each on the wrong foot, where he got his bugbite... He answered: "When I was sleeping, when the sky was black." ~future poet.

No comments: