Thursday, June 14, 2012

Good Things From This Thursday

I picked flowers by the side of the road today; I hardly noticed them, until they were right in front of me, tiny, and white and pure and lovely. The prettiest things sometimes are the ones we have to look the hardest for.... (but also sometimes, when we're not looking at all, that's when we finally notice them)

There is a mourning dove's nest just outside our bathroom window in the bougainvillea. All day long, three, hatched babies peep and tweet and stretch their tiny mouths, waiting to be fed, so their feathers grow, so they can fly. 

I had a good conversation with my Dad about wanderlust and "adventure spirit" and hungers inside us and drives and things that push us. It reminded me that I just have to ask if I want to have a conversation with someone.

I had a really nice talk with the lady who rung me out at the garden store. More than anything, I hope one day she can find a very nice little place to call home with a little plot of land where she can plant a garden and watch it grow. It's so nice to talk about God with a stranger, in the middle of this planet where so many are still asleep.

No comments: