Wednesday, June 20, 2012

On Potential.

I feel these days that
I'm in my cocoon.
But it's warm in here. And God does a lot of work in a chrysalis, when it doesn't seem to move or grow. He works on the inside, weaving veins and cultivating a heart and preparing wings. I like taking walks in the dusk and feeling the night sky fall upon the town, by myself, but not alone.... I am coming to realize.
-------------------------------------

You're a seed full of life, just about to burst forth from the earth, to grow into a strong sturdy tree. I want to, in my wormy, caterpillar stage crawl over, under the dirt, and play with you.

But we have to wait,
till we break forth from these shells and breach the surface...
Where the clouds are and the wind blows and the sun sparkles.
When I'm a butterfly, and you're a tree.
Whatever that means... But I think...
It will all be better that way.

No comments: