Sunday, March 7, 2010

Brothers

Sometimes in life, we are surprised
when we chance to find ourselves
inside a moment
that makes us feel utterly whole and warm and content.

I got to be inside such a moment last night.
The coffee shop was buzzing with warm lights
and chattering voices, as rain could be seen
through the open door out on the sidewalk and down the street.

My one brother played music with my other brother, as the third, dread-locked brother stood,
in the back,
adjusting the sound mixer and watching 
with fond love and gentle admiration.

Little Sunshine danced and made friends with all the patrons, as I sat, and soaked it all in.
Such a simple moment.
Surrounded by earth-toned, homey decor, 
and the scents of foreign coffees...
I swallowed it up.  This moment.  This lovely, perfect, happy, heavenly moment.

It will stay with me.
My heart is so grateful.
My heart is so grateful for this life, these moments, these brothers... :-)

No comments: