Monday, December 28, 2009

I walked through your door
and was enamored by your bohemian scantlings.
You took me through your colorful house, and offered me
the key to it's pulsating heart.
You've endeared me to you.
You singular child of sweetness.
You singer of Ocean melodies.
You artist of life and dreams.
You took me by your quilted bed... and I longed to rest there, but instead...
we continued on... to the kitchen.
You filled my mouth with delicious foods.
I longed to touch you...
But I had to chew with my mouth closed. And my hands at my sides.
And my eyes to the floor. -Your warm, toasty floor.
[that spot just below the oven]
Your walls, they held me up. For if they had not, I would have surely fallen into your arms.
Fresh air is what I needed.
You took me outside.
A garden of blissful beauty and scents.
Lifting me higher and filling me deeper, with appraisal and affection for the abode which houses your soul.
You've bamboozled and bewitched me my unwitting friend.

No comments: