Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ode To Friendship, Part. IV: Gracianna Christina Lemos


Gracie.
It's a good thing we chanced to meet that day on the stairs. Today you are one of my closest friends. I like that you get me. And you get me in most all ways, too. I love that we can spend an entire night flowing in and out of dorkiness and seriousness, and it's perfectly normal and ok and just right. I like that the two worlds or humor and somberness (sobraros), are quite parallel in your Universe. You can make a deep thing seem not so dark, and likewise, shed a thoughtful perspective on something that would at first seem light or casual.

You are one of the funniest peeps I know. Sometimes my face get's sore from smiling when you're around. Thanks for talking to me... about everything. Thanks for accepting me for who I am. Thanks for buying me a Ramen Bowl.

Gracie, Gracie. Gracie. Princess of the Nile. I bow down to you in reverence, respect and homage. You are welcome in my home and to my refrigerator at all times. And to you, my heart holds an open door.

You treat me well.
Ta-ta.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AWWEEEEE!! MADDY!!!!

lol the only thing i ask for in return is for you to take that horrendous picture down!

I'm On My Way Home said...

Gracie, focus on the wheat grass.