Friday, December 25, 2009

Ode to Friendship, Pt. V: Victoria Katherine Tennant


Dear Victoria,
"If all my friends were flowers, I would look around and pick you."  
I wish there was some way to take this happy, giggly love inside my heart for you and use it to blow up the biggest balloon, that was teal and said in big white letters "I LOVE YOU VICTORIA", and send it up into the sky and have it float above the earth so that all the inhabitants and peoples of this planet would see it and know how great my love is for you.

But, apparently "love" doesn't blow up balloons, so I will just have to try to express my sentiments with words.

We've gone through so many seasons as friends. There was the "You are a toddler and we can't really do much other than have me drag you around" phase. Then there was they "Lets play with guinea pigs on your bed till they poop on us" phase (that one was fun). After that, came the "Let's play the we are Settlers in the 1800s game in my freezing cold garage for hours and days on end" phase. And of course, we cannot forget the "We are famous gymnasts and we will practice our dance routines on my trampoline" phase. We had the "bake-sale" phase. And the "rollar-blading" phase, the "Let's try to evade our brothers" phase (well, perhaps that one still continues...). We had the "Frisbee" phase and the "Music Video Making" phase... The "Floating around in rafts on lakes" phase and... one of my personal favorites: "The let's pretend we are cool surfers and go out and ride some gnar waves" phase.

Through these all, you have been a faithful ally and partner... "Laugh-a-minute Tennant" has never failed me.

It is so entirely awesome to be your friend now, as a "grownup" - because we both know who we were as kids... and that for the most part... we still are deep down. The world changes around us, but our friendship doesn't. And that... is a pretty darn great thing.

I'm grateful.
Tons.
For you.
Love, sincerely and forever,
Maddy (aka Virginia West)

No comments: