Monday, December 28, 2009

Somebody Else's Turn

The following = some quotes from things 
I've been reading or listening to lately...

"How we spend our days is, of course,
how we spend our lives." -Annie Dillard-

"Do I not destroy my enemy when
I make them my friend?" -Abraham Lincoln-

"I tell you everything that is really nothing,
and nothing of what is everything, do not be
fooled by what I am saying.  Please listen
carefully and try to hear what I am not saying." 
-Charles C. Finn-

"I want you to love me, he whispers,
unable to speak
and he wonders aloud why
feelings so strong
make the body so weak."
-Green and Grey, Nickel Creek-

"...our laughter kept the feathers in the air.
I thought about the birds.  Could they fly
if their wasn't someone, somewhere, laughing?"
-Oscar Schell, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close-

No comments: